I’ve been a Google Reader fan and advocate for quite some time now here at Nowspeed and thought I’d share with our readers the benefits that I enjoy. Google Reader is more than just an information aggregator – it’s a great way to keep tabs on my client’s in the news, the blogosphere, and on Twitter and helps me stay up-to-date on marketing news… Here’s how I use my Google Reader account:
- Subscribe to client’s keywords in Google News, Blogs, and Twitter
- I can monitor my client’s branded keywords across key sites to see if people are talking about them and what they’re saying. This information helps me to better understand any dips or increases in their website analytics data and gives me new ideas for SEO and pay per click keywords.
- Subscribe to industry leader’s blogs and Twitter accounts
- To stay on top of my clients’ industry and the marketing industry, I follow industry leader’s blogs and Twitter accounts. It’s a quick and easy way to find out any new trends or interesting findings, without requiring much research.
- Share with coworkers and friends
- Setting up Google Reader can take some time, so I follow my coworkers and friends Google Reader accounts and read their subscriptions. I’ll often find new topics of interest and new industry leaders this way.
Do you have a Google Reader account or use a different information aggregator? We’re always looking for new and fresh tools!