Ah, the microphone test. Whether it’s a gentle tap or a hello, certainly you would never get up on stage to promote yourself and your message without first ensuring the audience will hear you loud and clear. So, why wouldn’t your marketing strategy follow suit?
From multivariate testing to A/B testing, there are many ways to estimate in-market performance of your key messages, creative elements or marketing programs in total. The good news is you can conduct simple testing of offers, headlines, imagery, key messages or value propositions through pay-per-click, landing page, website analytics or email marketing simply using Impressions, Clicks and Conversions as sufficient metrics. The better news is that tools such as Google’s multivariate tool will allow you to explore much more analytical data such as:
* Performance results per page combination
* Performance results per page combination vs. original content
* Likelihood results that a combination will be more successful than original content
* Improvement percentage over the original combination
* Performance results per page section
* Impact results per page section
* Likelihood results that a section will be more successful than original content
* Improvement percentage over the original sections
Through the testing of multiple variables, you’ll be able to quickly determine which combination of elements will return the best results when turned on as a total campaign. With this data in hand, you’ll be set to utilize the best performing combination to ensure program results.