Social media is a powerful marketing tool that can help you connect with your customers, create brand awareness, and engage in conversation. But many businesses use social media without a strategy to guide their efforts. This blog post will show you 5 proactive strategies you can use to improve your social media plan today.
1) Be present. If you are not on social media, then your competitors will be and that space is being filled with nothing but the latest content from them about their products or services. You need to maintain a presence online for the same reason why businesses have an offline marketing plan: because it’s essential in today’s world of technology-driven customer expectations.
2) Develop a brand voice. It’s important to create a brand voice and stick with it when you are publishing on social media. This helps establish your company as an expert in the field, while also making people feel like they know who you are already because of how personable everything sounds, even if it is all coming from the same source.
3) Interact with your followers. One of the biggest mistakes you can make in social media is to not interact with your followers. Not only does it look like you are ignoring them, but they may also go elsewhere for their content and stop following you altogether.
4) Incorporate creative visuals into posts will help attract more attention than just text alone. Nowadays, many people browse through Facebook or Twitter via mobile devices images are what draws them in first.
5) Maximize usage on the most appropriate social media platforms for your business. There are many social media sites out there, but you need to know what they do and where their audiences hang out in order to make the most of them. There is a wide range of audiences on all platforms, but knowing who your targeting and how to best reach them will achieve the most results for your efforts. On each platform, you can also take advantage of location tagging when possible; and create good captions with relevant hashtags or keywords so followers know what you’re talking about.
These five easy, quick strategy adjustments can make all the difference in your social media marketing. If these are things you want to implement but don’t necessarily have the time, consider working with one of our social media campaign experts at Nowspeed.