SEO 101: Google, Bing, and Yahoo Webmaster Tools
Webmaster Tools are services for web developers including tools for SEO, Search Engines, Domain Checkups, and HTML scripting tools.
Get a Free Marketing Analysis and Consultation
Nowspeed can review your Website, SEO, PPC, Email or Social Media Campaigns and identify ways to make an immediate impact!
Google Search Console is a free web service. This allows webmasters to check indexing status and optimize website visibility, including the ability to:
- Submit and check a sitemap.
- Check and set the crawl rate, and view statistics about how Googlebot (Google’s webcrawler) accesses a particular site.
- Generate and check a robots.txt file.
- List internal and external pages that link to the site.
- Determine what keyword searches on Google led to the site being listed in the search engines results page, and the clickthrough rates of such listings.
- Set a preferred domain, which determines how the site URL is displayed in search engine results pages.
Bing Webmaster Tools allows webmasters to add their websites to the Bing Index Crawler. The service also offers tools for webmasters to troubleshoot the crawling and indexing of their website, sitemap creation, submission and ping tools, website statistics, consolidation of content submission, and new content and community resources. Their tools include:
- Crawl issues allows webmasters to discover potential issues with their websites such as File Not Found (404) errors, blocked by REP, long dynamic URLs, and unsupported content-types.
- Backlink data allows webmasters to access data about their referring links.
- Advanced filtering.
- Data download allows webmasters to access the first 1000 results in a CSV file to analyze the results.
- Keyword search tool
- Robots.txt validator
- HTTP verifier
- Outbound links
Yahoo Site Explorer was a service which allowed the viewing of information on websites in Yahoo!’s search index. Site Explorer has since been deprecated, having been merged into Bing Webmaster Tools.
We're always excited to dig into the details of your company and what strategy can help you meet your goals. So let's talk and lay out a plan for success!