The Social Media Marketing Director is responsible for directly and indirectly managing strategic client social media marketing campaigns and growing client relationships and revenue. The Social Media Marketing Director is focused on driving social media client renewals, new social media business and social media innovation. The Social Media Marketing Director reports directly to the VP, Account Services and manages the social media marketing services provided to our clients. Nowspeed has managed over 30 client social media engagements over the past 2 years including top clients in the B2B, technology, education and consumer markets.
Demonstrate the expertise and ability to handle the following responsibilities:
Provide Strategic Social Media Marketing Leadership and Innovation
- Manage social media retainer client strategy to ensure social media results.
- Supervise the social media project team to ensure quality output of work and quality metrics.
- Develop new social media initiatives including tools, platforms and services.
- Develop detailed social media campaign plans and presentations including proposals for new business.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to develop new client sales proposals for social media services.
- Provides social media services to agency clients.
Provide Account Management Services
- Acts as Account Manager for selected agency clients to ensure client satisfaction, renewals and upsells.
- Ensure the agency SMM team is delivering excellent work, analytics and reports.
- Monitor client/services budgets and billing process to ensure profitability.
- Work with other account managers to uncover social media needs and objectives, craft appropriate marketing strategies, and identify/ implement products to help achieve client goals.
- Maintain or increase clients’ revenue, profitability, retention and referrals.
- Establish trusted relationships with key decision-makers within the client organization.
Deliver Project Management Expertise
- Delivers quality client communication, manages project scope and client expectations.
- Interacts with agency creative team to manage projects to completion.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree required; MBA preferred.
- Approximately 3+ years of social media industry experience, 10+ years of business experience.
- Strong experience managing social media campaigns; developing strategy, implementing tactics including experience with Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, SlideShare, YouTube and other social media platforms.
- Experience with top social media tools including Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.
- Proven experience in managing teams working cross-functionally within an organization.
- Online marketing experience at an advertising agency, preferred but not required. Strong knowledge or experience in Internet businesses, account management/ coordination, buying, client/campaign strategy, PPC, SEO, website and media planning.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills. Highly skilled in all Microsoft Office apps.
CORE VALUES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- ATTITUDE Has a positive attitude and works well independently and as part of a team
- EXCELLENCE Highly responsive to customer needs and committed to delivering quality.
- INITIATIVE A self-starter who excels in a deadline driven environment.
- INNOVATION Strives to discover and innovate.
- INTEGRITY Committed to do the right thing.
- Nowspeed benefits include medical, dental, and life insurance, a retirement savings plan, and paid holidays and vacation time to eligible full-time employees.
To apply for this job, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF.
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Writing Sample